My husband wanted these in the worst way. Like an unhealthy longing for them…he even claimed that he was going to make them himself! 😉
I saw two different versions of this recipe (one on Closet Cooking and one on Copy Kat), but I ended up taking a short cut recipe of my own. And I would love to be honest and tell you that I pre-cooked the peppers, measured everything, or even really paid attention. None of that would be true though, because I can make Buffalo Chicken Dip in my sleep. It really is the easiest thing…and you can’t screw it up.
bacon wrapped buffalo chicken stuffed jalapeno poppers:.
yield: 12 pieces
- 6 jalapenos–de-stemmed, halved, and de-seeded
- 1 can chicken breast (OR 1 poached/boiled large chicken breast, shredded)
- 3-4 tbsp light cream cheese, softened
- 1 shake of onion powder [or to taste]
- fresh cracked sea salt & pepper to taste
- anywhere from a few tbsps to 1/4 cup of Frank’s Red Hot (to taste and based on which flavor/how spicy of Frank’s)
- 1/8 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (I used NY Extra Sharp White Cheddar)
- 3 tbsp Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing (OR Ranch, if you prefer)
- 6 slices center cut bacon (cut in half width-wise at the middle)
- 12 toothpicks
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – in bowl, mix together shredded chicken, Franks Red Hot, onion powder, salt + pepper, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and dressing until well blended and smooth.
- Spread spoonfuls of the Buffalo Chicken dip into the jalapeno halves. Then wrap with a half of a piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick through bacon and both sides of jalapeno.
- Bake on a foil-covered, rimmed cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes…or until the bacon is cooked through and the peppers have roasted to a softness.
[NOTE: Try grilled. Or try vegan/paleo by mixing the Frank’s Red Hot with sweet potato mash, cauliflower, or other great non-dairy mixtures. Buffalo masks most other flavors and tons of veggies will absorb the taste too!]