Last night when the husband and I were getting our things ready for today, something beautiful happened…he requested oats! My last step of the night before relaxing with a good book and the MLB All-Star game was to make another batch (and new flavor) of overnight oats [see yesterday’s post right below this one]. As I announced what I was going to the kitchen to do, my husband said, “Can you please make me some too? They looked good and your blog made them sound yummy.” Uh, OF COURSE I WILL MAKE YOU OATS! I am not sure I will ever tell anyone no to oats…so now you guys know.
Cue the Maryland/Baltimore accent…
You want oats? I got oats. Ohats ohats ohats!
strawberry cherry banana overnight oats.
yield: 2 servings (1 mason jar) | ~237 calories | 44 carbs | 8g of protein | 6g of fiber per serving
- 1/2 cup oats (rolled oats, dry/regular, or quick)
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 4 bing cherries (no pits)
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 almonds (or granola/trail mix)
- Mash banana, strawberries, and cherries together in a bowl or food processor until blended together, but still slightly chunky (do not over blend/mash).
- Stir in oats, yogurt, honey, chia, and milk.
- Transfer to jar or container, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, top with almonds/granola/trail mix along with fresh fruit (optional).